Kilcommon N.S. Parent Teacher Association
2018- 2019 Updates ongoing.
2017 / 2018
News Update – October 2016/2017
This year the PTA hopes to provide funds for the following:
- Another set of I-PADS.
- Playground equipment and goal posts.
- Music Generation tutors.
- Further educational & concrete materials for classrooms.
- Additional sets of classroom readers....... and more.
- An anti-bullying awareness evening.
- An internet safety evening.
- An Irish evening for parents – How to help your child with Irish reading and oral Irish.
- Christmas coffee morning + (Thurs 15th Dec)
Finally, we would like to extend a huge thank you to everyone for your ongoing support.
The Parent Teacher Association (P.T.A.) of Kilcommon National School held their AGM on 12th September 2016. Committee members for 2016 /2017 include
Ann Kelly (Chairperson), Sylvia Vickers (Secretary), (Treasurer), Lucy O’Grady, Helen Moss, Ali Corcoran, Hilda Dowzard, Heather Keenaghan and Melanie Hadden.
Please note that new members are welcomed at any stage, so please contact a member of the committee if you were unable to attend the meeting. We are always looking for new members and volunteers for events!
During the school year 2015-2016, Kilcommon P.T.A. successfully organised several events. With the help and support of all parents, we have provided both educational services and educational resources for the school. These include:
- Magnetic educational Maths and English resources.
- Other educational equipment to support teaching in all classrooms and to support the learning support and resource team in the school.
- A day’s visit from a Storyteller
- A day’s visit from a wood turner.
- A year’s provision of recorder and choir teacher.
- A year licence for computer maths programmes (Senior classes)
- A set of 6 I-PADS.